- Beds: 14
- Baths: 7
- Cars: 8
Significant Byron Bay Estate with Unlimited Potential
81 Myocum Road, Ewingsdale
An established Heritage Farm Stay Estate, there is a total of 4.86 hectares (11.98 acres) of fenced, glorious gardens with established trees, and a total of five residences that make up this iconic Byron Bay property.
Located 6km from Byron Bay’s CBD and Main Beach, there are so many attractions within minutes’ away, including the heritage hinterland village of Bangalow, Brunswick Heads and Mullumbimby within 10 minutes’ drive, and the famed Three Blue Ducks at “The Farm”, being less than two minutes’ drive.
The entrance to the estate is via automatic gates, 500 metres from the M1 at the main Byron Bay roundabout.
The commercial or private potential of this property is as impressive as it is varied.
Set within beautiful gardens, there is a total of five residences, all beautifully designed and all newly built (except the renovated Historic Barn). Though all new builds, much of the materials (such as the antique doors and windows) have been meticulously sourced, to create the stylish, vintage-inspired, country dwellings.
Importantly, all accommodation dwellings feature a range of contemporary comforts and including air-conditioned for year-round comfort.
The Main Federation Heritage Estate Residence is comprised of 5-bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and is fully air-conditioned with two ducted A/C units.
The Sunset Cottage features 2 bedrooms, 1-bathroom and is also air-conditioned.
The Historic Barn Stay has 2 bedrooms, 1-bathroom, it is essentially a converted barn dwelling with a woodburning fireplace and air-conditioning.
The Visionary Villa is a stylish 1 bedroom, 1-bathroom villa that also doubles as a commercial art studio.
Named The Swanky Shed, this 4-bedroom, 1-bathroom dual occupancy residence has three air-conditioned units to ensure all sections of the stylishly converted shed are comfortable, year-round.
The Cabana is a 60 square metre dwelling that has one bathroom with an outdoor H/C shower.
The Current Business Operation
Currently operating as “Tooraloo Farm & Boutique Resort”, the estate provides high-end farm-style accommodation, as well as operating as a popular event venue. Under the current DA, the Accommodation guests can enjoy their wedding in one of Byron Bay’s most beautiful rural settings.
The Estate’s 1910s original Federation owners’ home has been fully restored to its former grandeur, complete with all the modern conveniences expected of an impressive contemporary residence. The main residence could potentially provide VIP accommodation, if the estate continues to operate commercially, alternatively, the fully renovated, charming, original homestead could provide an impressive main residence for the new owner.
This gated private estate in the last decade has been carefully planned and fastidiously designed to become one of the region’s leading commercial establishments. Built the highest possible standards.
All the orchards, vegetable and herb gardens, plus the native vegetation are complemented by the new, nine-metre swimming pool. Featuring a variety of spectacular gardens, plus a range of citrus trees and rose gardens, there are some stunning established native trees, including a famed, massive Fig Tree, that is one of the Estate’s more beloved attractions, as the ancient tree has served as a romantic, natural ‘chapel’ for many happy couples.
The Estate’s glamourous amenities are constantly in demand, especially as the region’s fame as a world-class wedding and events destination continues to grow both nationally and internationally. The utilities and services are of the highest standard, with technologies incorporated into all aspects of the operation to ensure a sophisticated, highly systemised business.
The Estate’s Current Annual Income
With its range of accommodation, the ancient fig tree cathedral, manicured gardens, and orchards, swimming pool and many other attributes, this estate is obviously a popular wedding venue, but it is also a popular setting for films sets, professional photoshoots, and wedding and other significant life events.
The planned (DA Approved) restaurant of the Estate can host a range of events from wellness retreats, cooking schools, corporate gatherings, and other relevant events. There is also a DA approved to add a large additional wing to the main residence.
• Resort Accommodation
• Restaurant or Cafe Wedding and event venue
• Gallery and/or retail shops
• Primary production / Farmland income
• Film set
• Professional photoshoot venue
Current DA Approvals
With all the relevant Byron Shire Council Development Application approvals in place for the current operations, PLUS the further DA Approvals for the expansion of the business and the Estate have also been submitted and APPROVED.
The Estate Location
Located 1 minute from the Byron Bay exit on the M1 Motorway, “The Farm” is a 2-minutes’ drive, Byron Bay’s CBD and Beaches are 5-minutes’ drive, Wategos Beach is 6 minutes’ drive, Brunswick Heads and Mullumbimby are 5 minutes’ drive, with Bangalow, 6 minutes and Ballina Airport, 15 minutes away. The Gold Coast International Airport is 45 minutes’ drive, and the Brisbane International Airport is a 2-hour drive.
- Notable Features:
- LGA: Byron Bay
- 4.86 hectares (11.98 acres) of 3 fully fenced paddocks
- 5 houses with 14 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms with the potential to extend
- 60 sq metre Cabana dwelling 1 bath w/ outdoor H/C shower
- All dwellings come with refrigerators/washer/dryers
- BBQ hut with canopy and plumbing/electrical
- Fire pit gathering space and Historic lava rock patio
- Heritage Fig Tree, the ideal natural ‘chapel' setting for weddings
- Large Chicken coop / Horse yard / stables / cattle yards
- Double Heritage Garage
- 3 x covered carports
- 3 x historic garden sheds
- Massive attic storage (half of the main dwelling with additional downstairs storage)
- Antique light fixtures/ windows and doors many with stained-glass or beveled glass
- Citrus Orchard / Vegetable Garden / Rose Garden / Produce Shed
- Bore installation (water)
- Huge new effluent system will also support cafe DA
- Over 150,000 litres of water tanks
- Disability accessible
- Fully solar powered plus Town electricity
- Gas / LPG gas for cooking
- Water – 150,00 litres capacity in the water tanks Bore water for irrigation
- Waste Systems - Bio septic waste systems x 2 installed to comply with the DA Approved restaurant and wedding venue development
- Internet / NBN
- Pool Cabana & Bar: 60 sqm with an outdoor H&C shower
- Swimming pool: 9x5 metres
- Motorised gated security entrance
- Restored Machinery ‘boiler room' building, currently used for storage